Donations and Contributions
Childline Yoga Capsule Manual
A ‘Yoga Capsule Manual’ together with a DVD and CD are available at the School for only R200. The proceeds of these sales enable the School to continue contributing a free manual to each and every ‘childline’ child. This is the request of Swami Niranjanananda in Bihar, India who has blessed the project.
Sponsor a Child
Swami Kamalavidya is proposing a ‘Sponsor a Child’ project, whereby you can support one brave survivor at only R 250.00 per month to cover their transport costs to make it possible for them to be taught yoga in Parktown North every second, third and fourth Saturday’s of the month.
80 - 100 ’childline’ children are fed and taught every 2nd 3rd and 4th Saturday of the month at ’Childline’ Parktown. Yogurt and fruit is offered in the mornings, we then perform havan(fire ceremony), yoga classes, lunch and lastly extra school lessons. Students and conveners of the school prepare these meals. We celebrate children’s birthdays and special occasions from time to time where treats would be more than welcome. Should you wish to assist us in serving, giving and loving please contact Swami Kamalavidya on email@example.com or (011) 327 0073.
Timetable for Saturday’s at ‘childline’- Parktown
Scheduled Satyananda Yoga and tuition every 2nd, 3rd and 4th Saturdays. Service, love and giving throughout the year.
- 10.00AM – 10.15AM children arrive from Soweto and provided with yogurt or cornflakes with milk or fruit salad before the day’s program.
- 10.15AM – 11.15AM Children from Soweto practice an hours ‘Satyananda Yoga Capsule Program.’
- 11.15AM – 11.45AM Fire ceremony (havan) chanting the Mahamrityunjaya mantra(healing).
- 11.45AM – 12:45PM Kirtan(singing) Dancing, and professional Drumming.
- 12.45PM – 13:15PM Lunch is served by students and conveners of the South African School of Yoga.
- After lunch, little ones go to English reading classes at the ‘Toy Library’.
- 13:15PM – 14:15PM – Maths lessons
- 14:15PM – 15:00PM – English Lessons
The drumming, school tuition and all meals are sponsored.
Our banking details are:
ABSA Bank Hyde Park
Satyananda School of Yoga Seva Account
Acc number: 923 580 2545
Branch code: 632005
Children at the Good Shepherd retreat 2011 where 14 children were trained as teachers into the Yoga Capsule Program consisting of specific yoga movements, yoga breathing and yoga relaxation